This opportunity is a testing laboratory and public health and food safety consulting firm. The Company specializes in providing various food safety testing and laboratory analysis services to a wide range of end markets throughout the Greater Boston area. The Company employs a professional team composed of certified food safety analysts.
The Company was founded over 40 years ago by the current owner, who remains actively involved in the operations of the business. The owner spends approximately 50-60 hours per week as the Company’s lab director.
The Company currently operates out of a facility owned through a related entity. The facility contains office and lab space where the company’s analyses occur. The facility has an estimated market value of $750,000. Ownership is flexible regarding the sale or lease of the real estate. Ownership ultimately desires to retire but is willing to provide reasonable and customary assistance during the transition period.
TTM June 30, 2022 Revenue: $750,888
TTM June 30, 2022 Cash Flow: $155,903 (Seller’s Discretionary Earnings)
Estimated Real Estate Value: $750,000
Number of Employees: 5 (Including Owner)
Facilities: The testing laboratory for sale operates out of a laboratory facility that also houses office space. A related entity owns the facility and current ownership has prioritized routine maintenance of the building to ensure that it remains in good condition. The facility has an approximate fair market value of $750,000.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary assistance during the transition period.
Reasons for Selling: Ownership is looking to transition into retirement.
Investment Highlights / Testing Laboratory for Sale
(1) Strong Base of Recurring Revenue: Approximately 85% of the Company’s revenues are earned from longstanding client retainers, which provide significant visibility into the Company’s future operating performance.
(2) Diversified Service Offerings: The Company offers a wide spectrum of services for clients in the areas of food service testing and laboratory analysis, facility health and safety inspections, pest control solutions, expert mitigation and litigation consulting, and more.
(3) Resistance to Downturns: Many of the Company’s services are required, regardless of economic sentiments. Federal, state, and local regulatory agencies mandate routine health and safety inspections of food service establishments.
(1) Increasing Food Service Demand: The Company’s services are increasingly in demand as food service establishments continue recovering from the COVID-19 Pandemic. Additionally, new safety standards are being imposed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
(2) Expanded Sales Efforts: Presently, the Company’s revenues are driven primarily through long-standing client relationships. Current ownership notes that excess capacity could be satisfied by increasing sales and marketing efforts to grow the Company’s client base.
(3) Massachusetts State Frozen Food Requirements: All frozen food establishments in Massachusetts, retail or wholesale, must obtain licensing through the local health department. The Company can fulfill these testing requirements, presenting further opportunities for growth.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this testing laboratory for sale!