Founded in the 1990s, the Company is a concrete construction contractor for sale that specializes in paving, excavation, underground utilities, and site contract work projects.
The Company derives the majority of its revenue from concrete construction and a smaller portion from excavation, underground utilities, and site contract work. The typical customers of the Company are governmental entities, private organizations, and customers sourced through public bidding.
The Company is able to offer the same specialized services as larger conglomerates at a superior quality while additionally providing more personable transaction experiences. The Company differentiates itself from its competition by completing a majority of its projects with in-house labor rather than relying on outside services. The Company contributes to some of the most recognizable roads, cityscapes, and neighborhoods in its region.
The Company is led by its ownership as well as by a seasoned superintendent and foreman who have been with the Company for 23 and 12 years, respectively.
The Company’s ownership is seeking to carefully transition into retirement. They are ready and willing to provide reasonable and ordinary transitionary assistance for new ownership.
The Company operates out of a facility owned by the same owners as the Business, under a separate entity. The building includes 770 square feet of office space and 3,500 square feet of warehouse space. The building is maintained regularly and is in excellent condition. The owners are open to selling or leasing the real estate to new ownership.
Additional Information – Concrete Construction Contractor for Sale
Real Estate: Owned — 4,270 total square feet of facilities. The owners are flexible to sell or lease the facility to the new owner(s).
2020 Rent: $19,200
Total Building Size: One building totals 4,270 square feet. The office area contains 770 square feet of space, and the warehouse contains 3,500 square feet of space.
Seller Financing Available: Yes
Seller Note: Limited Seller-Financing Available for Qualified Buyers.
Number of Employees: 15
Facilities: One building totaling 4,270 square feet. The building was built in 2003 and is in excellent condition.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Reasons for Selling: Ownership would like to retire.
(1) Established Reputation: Since its inception, the Company’s core focus has been on maintaining a reputation of reliable, high-quality service through consistently delivering projects on time and within budget. Due to its reputation of dependability and consistency, the Company continues to receive repeat business from customers.
(2) Variety of Service Offerings: The Company is able to complete numerous projects outside of its core concrete construction focus. The Company’s wide range of capabilities and flexible approach allows it to act as a one-stop-shop for customers.
(3) Consistent Financial Performance: Since 2018, the Company’s revenue has remained stable between ~$2.7M and ~$3.4M. The Company has a proven track record of solid and consistent financial performance over its history of operations.
(4) Long-Standing Customer Relationships: The Company has built relationships with some of the largest spenders in the Michigan concrete construction industry, including the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). These customers require the highest quality and consistency in their work. The Company has been able to successfully navigate MDOT’s tight regulations and has established an efficient process to bid and complete government jobs.
(1) Penetrate New Markets: The Company currently focuses on governmental projects within its industry. A natural path to growth could be to expand further into commercial work.
(2) Increase the Sales Force: The Company’s current sales operations consist of the owners sourcing and bidding for opportunities as they arise through primarily government-related work. Because of this, the Company is limited to the projects the owners are able to bid on, among the owners completing other day-to-day tasks. To grow, the Company could look to hire additional sales personnel/estimators.
(3) Expand Geography: The Company’s current geographic focus lies within a specific region. There is ample opportunity to expand upon the current geographic footprint. Additionally, government spending on road infrastructure in nearby locations is expected to increase significantly in the coming years.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this MDOT-Certified Concrete Construction Contractor for sale!