The Company is a landscape management business located in Southwest Michigan with nearly 50 years of experience. The Business has a strong focus on quality over quantity and has an excellent reputation in the region. The Company offers services such as lawn maintenance, light landscaping, landscaping construction, irrigation installation, fertilization, snow removal, and holiday lighting installation.
With an experienced employee base with an average tenure greater than eight years, the Company has a strong team. Its honest and quality work has led to a great reputation and long-term customers. Due to its reputation, there is often a waitlist of potential customers seeking to be part of the Company’s customer base.
The Company currently provides services to 1300+ customers in both the residential and commercial markets. On the residential side, the Company services individual homeowners, apartment complexes, and condominiums. While on the commercial side, the Company services retailers, school systems, municipalities, industrial complexes, and food chains among others.
The Business operates out of a facility that includes 13,900 total square feet (a 10,825 square foot shop, 2,200 square foot office space, and 875 square foot retail space). The building is well maintained in good condition and located on three mostly wooded parcels of land that total 9.5 acres. The owner is open to discussions regarding the sale or lease of the facility to new ownership with a preference placed on lease opportunities.
The owner wishes to sell in order to spend more time with family and is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance to the new owner(s).
Number of Employees: 25-30
Year Established: 1973
Facility: 13,900 square foot building consisting of a 10,825 square foot shop, a 2,200 square foot office space, and an 875 square foot retail shop located on three parcels with a total of 9.5-acres of land. The office space is original (constructed in 1996) while the shop space and retail space were retrofitted in 2001.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing and able to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Reasons for Selling: The owner is looking to spend more time with family.
(1) Waitlist of Potential Customers: As a landscape management business, the Company has experienced a great demand for services recently, and there is often a waitlist for customers to join the customer base. Due to the labor shortage, the Company has experienced a lack of employees to service these waitlisted customers. Once the labor pool opens up, the Company will have more customers to service.
(2) Strong Company Culture and Stable Existing Workforce: The Company’s employees have an average tenure of over eight years. Employees enjoy their jobs and perform them well. The owner stresses being helpful to employees without attempting to perform their jobs for them. Overall, the Company culture is robust, and each employee focuses on quality work.
(3) Extensive Equipment Base: The Company operates its business with an extensive equipment base used for lawn maintenance, snow removal, and other functions. All equipment is well maintained and in very good condition. The equipment base includes 24 vehicles, 25 mowers, 15 plows, 18 trailers, and several pieces of machinery and equipment.
(1) Grow Design and Construction Division: As a landscape management business, the Company currently provides some commercial and residential landscape design and construction services. However, growing this division could help grow profit margins. Design and construction services are more time-consuming and expensive in nature, which leads them to often be more profitable services to perform.
(2) Focus on Obtaining Commercial Customers: The Company provided services to 1,325 customers in 2021, 76% of which were residential. The Business could focus on obtaining more commercial accounts to increase profit margins, accumulate long-term contracts, and obtain higher-paying jobs.
(3) Execute an Aggressive Marketing Strategy: The Company currently does little in terms of marketing. It has a website and Facebook account but is not particularly active on either. The Company could benefit from implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Ad strategies.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this landscape management company for sale!