This opportunity is a precision machine products business that produces specialty components for the aerospace industry. This aerospace manufacturer for sale produces parts used in aircraft turbine engines and landing gear assemblies with an approximately equal split of sales being for commercial and military aircraft. The Company employs a loyal workforce of 48 employees with an average tenure of 11+ years. The Company is a long-standing approved vendor for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of aircraft; this manufacturer represents a majority of the Company’s sales through long-term contracts.
The Company is ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D Certified to ensure all components produced are up to the highest aerospace quality standards. Due to the Company’s exceptional quality management and skilled workforce, the Company can complete most of its work in-house with the small exception of some parts that require special processes such as heat treating, non-destructive testing, and plating. This makes the Company a crucial step in the supply chain of its large customer. In the last seven years, the Company has needed to make extensive investments into its equipment base to be able to satisfy ever-growing customer demand.
The Company was founded in the 1960s by the previous owners (2 owners) and was acquired by the current owners (2 owners) upon the previous owners’ deaths. The two current owners are husband and wife; the husband is actively involved in the Business (an average of 16.6 hours per week) and the wife has no involvement in the Business. The Company boasts a workforce of 7 salaried employees with an average tenure of over 30 years and 41 hourly employees with an average tenure of over 8 years. All the day-to-day operations of the Business are handled by the current General Manager who expects to stay on after the sale of the Business along with the rest of the employees. The owners desire to transition into retirement. They are willing to negotiate to stay on part-time post-transaction to assist in the training of and transition into new management.
The Company operates out of a 26,000 square foot facility that features three exterior loading docks. The owners are flexible to lease or sell the real estate with the sale of the Business.
Number of Employees: 48
Year Established: 1962
Facilities: 26,000 square foot facility that features three exterior loading docks.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Reasons for Selling: The owners would like to pursue retirement.
(1) Exceptional Quality Management: The Company is ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D certified. These certifications give the Company an assumed reputation of quality and precision to customers in the Aerospace Industry.
(2) Long-Standing Customer Relationships: The Company has had a relationship with its largest customer for over 50 years. The Company has many customers that provide repeat sales every year that keep the Company growing into the future.
(3) Loyal Employee Base: The Company has 48 loyal and skilled employees. Salaried employees have an average tenure with the Company of over 30 years, and hourly employees have an average tenure with the Company of more than 8 years.
(1) Increase Marketing Efforts: This aerospace manufacturer for sale has grown over the years through long-standing relationships and its exceptional reputation. As a result, the Company has not needed to invest in significant marketing efforts, but an increase in advertising and the addition of sales personnel could help the Company grow more into the future.
(2) Website Optimization: The Company’s website has room for improvement in terms of describing the services the Company offers and search engine optimization. These improvements could help the Company gain a significant online presence that could drive in more customers.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this aerospace manufacturer for sale!