This opportunity is a one-stop tool and die shop founded over 70 years ago. The Company provides its customers with the following capabilities: designing, servicing, and manufacturing various custom tools, dies, gages, and special machinery. Historically, most of the Company’s customers reside in the Automotive, Appliance, Electrical, Hand Tool, Medical, and Recreational Vehicle (RV) sectors.
The Company can handle intricate projects from design to manufacturing. The Company’s design team can create tools from provided part prints and ensure that all stipulations are met by thoroughly examining each part. The Company currently provides metal stamping, draw dies, transfer dies, line dies, or progressive dies. With decades of refinement, the Company has the power to produce a variety of parts from 30 tons to 400 tons. From bend electrical contracts to automotive part contracts, the Company holds the experience to complete the job efficiently and effectively.
The Company is operated by two owners who bought into the Company in 1986. Both owners are looking forward to meeting the next generation of ownership as they pursue a transition into retirement. The first owner oversees quoting, financial review, and customer relationship management. The second owner primarily handles troubleshooting and design. The owners are ready and willing to provide reasonable and ordinary transitionary assistance for new ownership.
The real estate is owned separately. The facility includes 25,000 square feet of space, consisting of an office area, production and tooling areas, and a high bay room. The real estate has an estimated value of $1,400,000. Ownership is flexible regarding the sale or lease of the real estate.
Real Estate: Owned—25,000 total square feet of facilities and approximately 5 acres of land. Ownership is flexible to sell or lease the facilities to the new owner(s).
April 30, 2021 Rent: $55,200
Total Building Size: 25,000 total square feet. The office building contains 6,000 square feet, the production area contains 14,000 square feet, and the high bay room contains 5,000 square feet.
Seller Financing Available: Yes
Seller Note: Limited Seller Financing Available for Qualified Buyers.
Number of Employees: 16
Year Established: 1948
Facilities: The Company operates out of a single building constructed in 1976 and has been kept in good condition. The office area is 6,000 square feet with an 8-foot ceiling, the tool and production rooms are 14,000 square feet with 14-foot clearance to the HVAC systems near the roof, and the high bay room is 5,000 square feet with 35-foot ceilings.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary assistance during the transition period.
Reasons for Selling: Ownership would like to retire.
(1) Established Reputation: The Company is Department of Transportation (DOT) and ISO 9001:2015 certified, ensuring the Company embodies top-of-the-line quality management practices. The Company’s reputation draws customers via word-of-mouth referrals despite minimal outbound marketing efforts in place.
(2) Diverse Capabilities: From the initial concept and design of tooling to manufacturing the tools, the Company provides a full slate of services with extensive capabilities to meet customer needs. The Company prides itself on achieving its goal of completing workpieces as quickly as customers require them. To increase efficiency, the design team creates and provides customers with 2-D and 3-D part prints to ensure all specifications are met before undergoing construction, eliminating communication errors. Software is utilized to unlock customer data to provide a tool that matches the exact needs of each customer.
(3) Robust Equipment Base: The Company’s robust equipment base allows it to specialize in progressive dies design and build, prototype tooling, PPAP submissions, prototype and production runs, and assembly equipment design and build. Over the years, the Company has engineered custom solutions to optimize the equipment for improved efficiency and quality.
(1) Increase Manufacturing Headcount: The Company’s facility can reach $6M+ in revenue – this would require additional tool and die employees. Near the Company is a high school where administrators have created a program to nurture students with an expressed interest in manufacturing. New ownership could deliberately develop a relationship with the school to encourage the next generation of tool and die makers to begin their careers with the Company.
(2) Invest in Business Development: The Company has never implemented a sales staff and does not source any outbound sales attempts, besides the owners occasionally hopping on a sales call. While this strategy has been successful for the Company historically, to move beyond the current revenue levels, new ownership could adopt a more aggressive approach to bolster outside sales and create new relationships. This strategy could include increasing online presence and hiring sales staff.
(3) Maximize Technology Use: The Company has an ERP system that is not being utilized to its maximum capabilities. While the ERP system was bought for quoting purposes, it also features several components designed to improve business insight, lower operational costs, enhance collaboration, maximize efficiency, and reduce the risk of corrupted reporting. With full integration of the ERP system, the Company could obtain accurate data on all aspects of operations and further identify areas of inefficiency.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this Longstanding Full-Service Tool and Die Shop for sale!