Asking Price: $900,000 (excluding new and used equipment inventory)
The Company is a distributor, rebuilder, and servicer of new and used machine tools and parts. This machine tool distributor for sale has an extensive 90+ year history that has firmly entrenched it in the industry. The Company started as the primary distributor of a leading brand of machine tools back in the 1930s. Over the years, the Company has expanded its offering to other popular machine tools and started offering repair services, parts sales, and rebuilds of these machine tools in the 1950s. The long-standing employee base has unmatched expertise in the machine tools the Company represents, making the Company the go-to provider of services for these brands.
The Company has a deep history and relationship with each of the brands it represents. Many of these machine tool manufacturers are drawn to the Company due to the current owner and company’s national reputation for offering outstanding service and a passion for giving back to the local Midwest community. Customers choose the Company because they receive personalized service when purchasing machine tools and top-quality repairs from employees that have an intimate knowledge of each tool the Company offers services for. The Company’s customers include many of the largest manufacturing companies in the country that generate repeat sales.
The Company has two owners, husband (75%) and wife (25%). The husband is actively involved in the Business as a salesperson, and his spouse has been phasing herself out of the Business and currently only handles billing. The Company employs nine other employees that can operate mostly independently from the input of the owners.
The Company operates out of a single facility. The facility is 25,000 square feet, including an office space, demo room, and warehouse. The facility is equipped with three exterior loading docks and 14-foot ceilings. The facility is in excellent condition and was built in 1961. The owners are flexible to sell or lease the facility to the new owner(s).
Number of Employees: 11
Year Established: 1931
Facilities: 25,000 square foot facility that features three exterior loading docks.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Reasons for Selling: The owners would like to pursue retirement and other professional interests.
(1) Long-Standing Customer Base: Customers choose the Company because of the employees’ expertise and personalized assistance. The employees have unmatched knowledge of the machine tools they sell and service, which causes customers both large and small to choose the Company over its competitors.
(2) Established Distribution Agreements: The Company has long-standing relationships with each machine tool manufacturer the Company represents. Many of these distribution and service agreements have been around for decades, and the Company has established a reputation of intimate knowledge with each tool.
(3) Unique Employee Knowledge Base: The Company’s employees have expertise in the service of machine tools that few other companies could match. This knowledge is due to the close relationships the Company has with the machine tool manufacturers and is what keeps customers coming back for more.
(4) Community Involvement: The Company has established a reputation for giving back to the community through relationships with local schools to encourage young people to pursue careers in manufacturing. These relationships provide massive amounts of exposure to the Company.
(5) Highly Awarded Management Team: The primary owner has been the subject of numerous manufacturing conferences and articles in popular newspapers and magazines that provide additional exposure to the Company.
(1) Website Optimization: The Company has a clean and informative website; however, there is room for improvement in Search Engine Optimization and the Company’s overall online presence.
(2) Add Product Lines: This machine tool distributor for sale has close relationships with each machine tool manufacturer it represents and has turned down many additional product lines due to the lack of personnel to represent these new product lines. However, with the addition of new personnel, nothing is stopping the Company from pursuing additional products.
(3) Expand Customer Base: The Company lacks a sufficient quantity of sales personal and has not been able to capture all the national demand for its services. Despite this, the Company recently added a major manufacturer of electric vehicles to its customer base and is looking to leverage this relationship to add more customers in the electric vehicle industry with the addition of more sales representatives.
(4) Develop Sales Team: To capture unmet demand, the Company will need to increase sales personnel to grow the customer base and allow for geographic expansion.
(5) Increase Service Team: The service division is one of the most well-run divisions within the Company. However, current service orders are backed up due to insufficient staffing.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this Machine Tool Distributor for sale!