This opportunity is a Midwest-based single-location veterinary services provider offering various services including veterinary care, dog and cat boarding, dog daycare, grooming, and physical rehabilitation. In addition, the Company is committed to providing the highest quality veterinary care through a staff dedicated to individual animal attention and client satisfaction. The Company has established an impressive reputation due to its unmatched care, vast service offerings, and experienced staff.
The Company retains a skilled leadership team including an owner that performs veterinary care and management work in consultation with the general manager that runs daily operations. The Company employs 40 employees who are comprised of both veterinarians and general personnel.
As a veterinary services provider, the Business experienced revenue and margin compression in 2020 due to the pandemic but has recovered and benefitted from increased pet ownership and care.
The Company operates out of one location that is leased from a related third party.
The owner and general manager are interested in selling the Business to begin transitioning to retirement and realize the opportunities available through the pursuit of a sale. The owner and general manager are open to remaining involved on a full- or part-time level for the next 1-5 years and are passionate about the Company’s continued success.
June 30, 2022 TTM Revenue: $5,092,872
June 30, 2022 TTM Cash Flow: $1,408,798 (Adj. EBITDA)
Estimated Real Estate Value: $2,100,000
Number of Employees: 40 (including ownership).
Facilities: The Company utilizes two adjacent facilities that are leased from a related third party. One facility is 15,309 square feet, and the other is 3,808 square feet. Both are in excellent condition.
Support/Training: Ownership is open to staying involved full- or part-time and is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Reasons for Selling: The owners are looking to retire after successfully expanding the Business.
(1) Comprehensive Service Offering: The Business is differentiated in its unique service offerings compared to local competitors. No other animal- or pet-related business in the area offers all the services that this Business does and cannot provide the same convenience of care as a result.
(2) Reputation and Recognition: The Company is a well-liked and respected Business in the area, resulting in loyal client relationships. Additionally, the Business is accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), the only organization that accredits veterinary practices in the United States and Canada. Practices that pursue accreditation are assessed on strict quality standards and are continuously evolving to keep accredited practices at the forefront of their profession. This accreditation is a cornerstone of the Company’s standard of care.
(3) Ownership Transition Flexibility: The owner and general manager have indicated that they are flexible and willing to stay with the Company for 1-5 years after a transaction occurs. This is valuable as the owner and general manager could provide useful training specific to the Business after successfully running the Company for many years. Additionally, there is a current staff member in place that can absorb the roles of the general manager, diminishing the need to invest time and capital into a new manager after the appropriate transition period.
(1) Renewed Boarding Initiative: The Business could benefit from increased kennel occupancy. Boarding capacity is reached over several holidays, but vacancies exist at other times of the year. This also presents an excellent opportunity for cross-selling other services with little additional expenditure.
(2) Rise of Comfort Animals: Pet humanization and the ideology of “pets as family” has resulted in increased pet spending. Demand for pets and the level of care they receive has grown due to an increased view of pets as comfort animals.
(3) Market Share Expansion Opportunity: Demand for the Company’s services has been exacerbated by the closure and turnover of local competitors amidst increased pet ownership. This resulted in greater demand for the Company’s services. It also presents the opportunity for future roll-up acquisitions in the area by the Company’s new owner.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this Midwest Veterinary Services Provider for sale!
Click here to view other $200K to $2M Cash Flow opportunities!