The Company is a landscape management business located in Southwest Michigan. The Company employs experienced staff and makes a point to go the extra mile for its customers. Its quality workmanship and professionalism bring repeat business year after year. Its commercial customers typically operate on 1- to 3-year contracts, which gives the Company a consistent base revenue to operate on. The Company boasts steadily improving financial performance over the last five years.
The Company offers various services, including landscape management, fertilization and turf management, and snow removal services. The Company provides these services to 600+ customers in both the residential and commercial markets. On the residential side, the Company services individual homeowners, apartment/condominium complexes, and more. On the commercial side, it services retailers, school systems, municipalities, and more.
The Company operates out of a facility that includes 13,200 total square feet (a 7,500 square foot cold storage building, 4,200 square foot shop building, and 1,500 square foot office building). The buildings are all maintained in good condition and located on a tillable 22-acre parcel of land. The owners are open to discussions regarding the sale or lease of the facility to new ownership.
Company ownership is comprised of two active owners and one passive owner. The active owners maintain management roles within the Company. Active ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance to the new owner(s).
Real Estate: Cold storage, shop, and office building located on a 22-acre parcel of land.
Facilities: 7,500 square foot cold storage, 4,200 square foot shop, and 1,500 square foot office building located on a 22-acre parcel of land. The cold storage and office buildings are newer builds, while the shop is slightly older but has undergone significant renovations. The facilities are owned through a related real estate holding entity.
Total Building Size: 13,200 square feet
Number of Employees: 12, plus additional seasonal employees.
Year Established: 1992
Seller Financing Available: Yes
Support/Training: Ownership is composed of two active and one passive owner. Active ownership is willing and able to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Reasons for Selling: One owner is looking to retire, while the remaining two are seeking to pursue different and new ventures.
(1) Consistent Contract-Based Revenue: The Company’s business, by nature, operates under contracts for most commercial accounts. Typical contracts range from 1 to 3 years at a time. The consistent contract-based nature of commercial work provides the Company with a consistent base revenue each year.
(2) Strong Company Culture: The company’s current owners have operated it in a fashion that stresses quality workmanship over rushing jobs. Employees are strongly encouraged and regularly go the extra mile to ensure all work is completed professionally with strong attention to detail. As a result, employees do not feel micromanaged and are satisfied in their roles.
(3) Extensive Equipment Base: The Company operates its business with an extensive equipment base used for lawn maintenance, snow removal, and other functions. All equipment is maintained in good condition and undergoes routine maintenance and repairs.
(1) Restart Landscape Construction Division: The Company previously had a landscape construction division of the Business which generated up to $1M in revenue each year. The Company made the strategic decision to remove its focus from these jobs. Restarting this division could allow the Company to recapture this work and generate substantial additional revenue.
(2) Implement a Sales Team: Currently, the Company does not employ any individuals in a sales-focused role. Hiring a salesperson would allow the individual to pursue larger commercial contracts, while the managers and owners could solely focus on the day-to-day operations of the Business.
(3) Execute an Aggressive Marketing Strategy: The Company currently does little in terms of marketing. It has a website and Facebook account but is not particularly active on either. The Company could benefit from implementing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Ad strategies.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this Professional Landscape Management Company for sale!