This Company is a West Michigan-based CNC machining shop specializing in OEM & aftermarket machined components. Founded in 1963, the Company began by supplying shot end components for die casters and machining components to OEM machine builders and end-users. It has historically directly or indirectly served in the aerospace, defense, nuclear, utility, energy, food processing, agriculture, plastics, die casting, aluminum extrusion, aluminum & steel processing, mining, hydro-electric, miscellaneous press component manufacturing, and oil & gas industries.
The Company’s 40,000 square foot manufacturing facility is safe, clean, and organized for efficient part flow and output. The Company specializes in large bar and shaft machining for OEM and aftermarket machined components. The Company’s extensive CNC lathe machining capabilities offer live tooling with finished products up to 48” in diameter and 42’ long, weighing in at 40,000 pounds per piece.
The Company now boasts years of experience working alongside industry-leading customers and suppliers. The Company’s mission is customers first, aiming to produce high-quality products on time and under budget while making a solid profit. The Company’s customers rely on its machining services first and foremost due to the Company’s superior quality, creative solutions, and exceptional delivery.
The current Owner purchased the Business in 1986 and has been its sole owner/operator since then. He is ready to slow down his involvement in the Company, but he is willing to stay with the Company as a commissioned sales representative with no internal responsibilities. To maintain current business performance, the Owner is also willing to stay and help train the new owner(s) or Company manager as the business transitions. The Owner also owns the Company’s real estate and equipment through a separate business entity. He is open to selling or leasing the real estate to the new owner(s).
Potential Buyers must have a minimum of $1,000,000 in available liquid capital to receive information about this opportunity.
Real Estate: Owned
2020 Rent: $85,665
Total Building Size: 52,800 square feet
2020 Dec. 31, 2020 WIP Inventory: $545,493
Seller Financing Available: Yes
Seller Note: Limited Seller-Financing Available for Qualified Buyers.
Number of Employees: 22 Full-Time Employees
Year Established: 1963
Facilities: 40,000 square foot manufacturing space; three storage facilities (two 4,800 square foot buildings and one 3,200 square foot building) totaling 12,800 square feet.
Support/Training: Ownership is willing to provide reasonable and customary transition assistance.
Reasons for Selling: The Owner would like to slow down his involvement and focus on other non-competing business ventures & family.
(1) Longstanding Reputation & Presence: The Company’s reputation stands out considerably because of its quality, high standards, and excellent customer service. The Company rarely uses marketing strategies to obtain customers. Most of their projects are brought in from past customer referrals.
(2) Cross-Trained Employees & Low Turnover: The Company retains highly-skilled and experienced employees in the industry. Creative, multi-talented, and problem solvers are just a few words to describe the Company’s employees. The flexible and innovative engineering capabilities are what the customers praise most. Everyone in the Company is suited for many different roles. Many employees have been with the Company for over a decade, and there is very low employee turnover, even with COVID-19.
(3) Substantial Equipment Base: The Company is highly equipped with diverse machining capabilities to meet any customer’s needs. It usually takes businesses years to develop a fine-tuned expansive list of equipment where all the kinks are worked out. The Company has even had special engineers develop custom solutions to optimize the equipment for efficiency and quality.
(4) Geographic Presence in Growing West Michigan Area: The Company is located in a growing area of West Michigan that has undergone significant development over recent years. The growing region makes for an optimal investment as real estate prices go up, new people move in, and new work becomes available, possibly bringing more customers to the Business.
(5) Well-Equipped Facility Tooled for Current and Future Business: The Company had a new Dust Collection System installed for the polishing machines in 2016, providing a safe working environment with more capabilities going forward. The main building is approximately 40,000 square feet of manufacturing and office space, including a second and third floor above the office area. Overhead cranes support the manufacturing areas for moving and loading parts. Two 4,800 square foot and one 3,200 square foot storage buildings, along with open storage areas, are also on the property. The facilities are more than capable of accommodating current and future projects.
(1) Targeted Customer and Market Expansion: New ownership could grow the Company by developing a targeted marketing strategy to break into high-growth markets not currently being served. This could lead to greater revenue and allow the Company to expand.
(2) Increase Equipment Capacity: New ownership could cautiously select appropriate new or used equipment to further serve the customers’ unmet needs. This will permit entry into new markets by expanding the services and products the Company may offer if strategized correctly.
(3) Continuous Personnel Upgrade: By growing the internal and external personnel, the Business could continue to increase revenue and maximize margins. Developing strategic partnerships with external sales initiatives could help capitalize on underserved business opportunities.
The BEST way to receive confidential information about this opportunity is to fill out the form below.
Upon doing so you will receive a link via email to review and sign our confidentiality agreement. Once signed we will be able to further the conversation and send you the confidential Offering Documents. Please contact [email protected] with any questions. Interested parties must demonstrate proof of financial capability, sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and answer a few questions related to their background and interests. Enquire today about this Long-Standing West Michigan CNC Machining Company for sale!
*Special Note: In a victory for small business buyers, the recent $900BB stimulus bill directs the SBA to waive all guaranty fees and pay up to the first 3 months of new SBA 7(a) loans approved between February 1 and September 30, 2021 (up to $9,000/month). Our advice: Don’t wait. Find a quality business and get moving quickly. Banks will be busy this year and buyers that wait until July/August will likely lose out.